The SMEs in Europe constitute the core of the European economy but only a few of them have exporting activity. The increase of the exporting activity of the SMEs has been considered as one of the main ways for Europe in order to get out of the financial crisis. The E-EMPORIO project aims to contribute to the development of the export skills of the staff that is working in SMEs by providing them with complete, qualitative, results-oriented and practice-oriented e-learning contents that will be accessible through internet from any place at any time.
Some of the e-learning contents and training methodology are transferred by a previous Leonardo project called "text-e" which has been awarded as a best practoce Leonardo project in Turkey. The main target group is the staff that is working in SMEs but also another target group is unemployed people who are willing to develop their skills in order to find an employment or open an SME.
The general objectives of the project are:
- to contribute to an increase in SMEs competitiveness in the international scene through use of innovative technologies such as e-learning to train SMEs staff in foreign trading with a European prospective
- to increase foreign trade capacities of SMEs staff
- to contribute to the development of digital contents which are fundamental element of the knowledge society
- to minimize identified training gaps in exportation across partner countries
- to generate dialogue among the trainers from partner countries,
- to promote the accreditation of skills acquired through non formal and informal learning
The specific objectives of the project include:
- to develop practice-oriented, results-oriented and competence based e-learning contents especially developed in order to increase the skills of SMEs staff in exports taking into consideration the specificities of each partner country
- to transfer these e-learning courses also to mobile phone applications
- to provide certification for the skills and competencies that are going to be obtained through the e-learning platform
- to transfer best practices and expertise between the partners
- to consider the needs of specific target groups such as unemployed wishing to update their skills